An eye-opening material on issues with spot colors while using royalty free vectors from iStockphoto. "Picture this: You need an image for a project, and the deadline is looming. You download a cool illustration from iStock, place it in your layout and send it off to the printer. An hour later, the printer phones you back.
“Excellent,” you think, “my print job is done!” But nooo, the printer is calling to let you know that your file contains 15 spot colors, and if you really want 15 different plates made and run through the press, it’s going to cost you at least ten times more and take a whole week to finish. There goes your budget and your deadline.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!? Spot colors? How did those get there? And what are they, anyway?" Continue to full article.
Digital Art Blog Directories
- Usain Bolt New World Record 9.58 Vector Art
- 15 Water Splash Brushes for Adobe Illustrator
- Vector Art Templates: Free Abstract Logo Design Icons
- The Live Color Feature in Adobe Illustrator CS4
- "Imperial Leaf" Seamless Pattern Brush for Adobe Illustrator
- The Four Elements Wallpapers by Brazilian Illustrator Cris Vector
- Vector Leaves Brush Pack for Adobe Illustrator
- Vector Hair Template for Adobe Illustrator
- 45 Degrees Stripe Patterns for Adobe Illustrator
- Seamless Hibiscus Pattern
- Human Nature Brushes for Adobe Illustrator
- 10 Abstract Architecture Design Brushes for Adobe Illustrator
- Convert Brushes from Adobe Photoshop to Adobe Illustrator Tutorial
- 11 Abstract Brushes for Adobe Illustrator